Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Utilitarian's Novelties: The Rubber Duck Strainer!

Hello, all! :)
   
          What have you been up to, lately? Here in North Carolina, trees are budding, bulbs are stretching from their sleep, and there are brave little tufts of young grass sprouting everywhere in a very early spring. Yet, despite the gay growth surrounding me, I've been less than carefree, busy with fretting over scholarship applications and drinking exorbitant amounts of tea. Do (or "did," depending on where you are in life :)) applications fill you with terror, too?

           Well, I hope this new post series will cheer you up, regardless of what's worrying you. :) Without further ado, please wave your mouse in welcome of the rubber duck strainer, the star of our debut post for A Utilitarian's Novelties*! Yay! :D

             
              This lovely, lambent duckling is quite a diligent little fellow, and insists she must be useful even midst frolicking in her natural environment, her teacup pond. Attached to her base is a fine mesh strainer, allowing you to steep your tea while playing with your food. ;) Currently, I have an excellent strainer, which actually strains my tea. That's pretty much my I only expectation for the average tea strainer (present company excluded, of course! :)), but it's amazing how many cannot even do that. Anyway, I do have a working strainer, but someday I hope to invite this tiny, admirable fowl into my own home. :) If you have one, please let me know if you like it! :)

Best!
L.

*You are probably already familiar with this spelling rule, but if seeing "a" before what is nominally a vowel ever causes you to do a double-take (as it sometimes does to me), here's a little explanation for it. Basically, it has to do with the fact that English vowels sometimes sound like consonants. :) Ah, the many intricacies of English grammar! :) Pretty fun, I think, though generally I fail miserably at it. :) Farewell!
         
       


2 comments:

  1. Emoticon count: 11 You can do better than that, surely! ;)

    What an adorable little fellow! With a couple more of these, you could even take a tea bath, and have fun while doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oho! :D I accept your challenge, fair sister! Prepare to meet my emoticon-less wrath! :D (As soon as I am finished filling this comment with them. ;D) Heh heh! :D

    Aww, I'm glad you think so, and thank you for that marvelous idea! :D I love it!! We should definitely do it in our new house. :) Maybe we could just fill a punch bowl with tea and a little rubber flock. :)

    I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete